AN ECONOMIC SOLUTION FOR MAINTAINING PRECAST PANEL ALIGNMENT
Fingerplates give an economic solution for maintaining precast panel alignment, whilst allowing in-plane movement to limit cracking at restraints which can occur with traditional connections. This allows movement in the connections to prevent damage from the likes of earthquakes. They also have plenty of tolerance for quick and easy installation.
Made of zinc-plated mild steel to achieve the durability requirements for exposure classification A1 (dry, internal location, not subject to airborne salts or rain wetting) in Table 3.9 of NZS301:2006(A3)
Designed in accordance with NZS3404:1997(A2) to achieve a face load transfer of 4.2kN.
- Protection against brittle anchor mechanisms
- Quick & Easy Installation
- More resilient coatings (such as hot-dip galvanising) can be provided on a case-by-case basis
SEISMIC SAFETY STRAP
The Seismic Safety Strap was born out of a desire to improve the safety of threaded precast concrete connections. These straps offer ductility to a typically brittle detail whilst remaining straightforward to install.
This product shall only be specified by a suitably experienced structural Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng). The product allows either one of two key philosophies to be adopted in a design:
- Providing additional capacity and ductile properties to anchors designed to the proprietary anchor manufacturer’s strength recommendations – for example for a Maximum Credible Earthquake (MCE) event.
- To design anchors to a ductility of 2.0 using the requirements of NZS 1170.5/8.7.2 which allows for the number of anchors within a structure to be reduced. This philosophy is less desirable in most cases due to the damage initiated by the occurrence of yielding.
- Enhanced ductility performance for proprietary cast-in anchors in thin concrete
- Ease of installation, peace of mind
- Two potential design philosophies depending on the designer’s requirements