Hydrotite is a state-of-the-art hydrophilic waterstop with unmatched durability and water-sealing capacity. Comprised of Non-Bentonite, modified chloroprene rubber, Hydrotite expands up to eight times its original volume when exposed to water. This expansion creates an effective compression seal within joints of limited movement. Recognized worldwide, Hydrotite has a proven track record as a high-quality and cost-effective solution to your water containment needs.
Typical structures utilizing Hydrotite
• Water and wastewater treatment facilities
• Primary and secondary containment structures
• Tunnels and culverts
• Dams, locks, canals, water reservoirs, and aqueducts
• Pipe penetrations
• Swimming Pools
• Storage tanks
• Retaining Walls
• Slabs on grade
Exceptional Qualities to Ensure Unparalleled Performance
• Swells up to eight times its volume when exposed to water
• Comprised of Non-Bentonite modified chloroprene rubber
• Outstanding physical properties
• Available as a co-extruded profile to provide expansion (also available as a single extrusion)
• Special expansion delay coating to allow concrete cure prior to expansion
• Reliable and durable (lifespan up to 100 years)
• ISO 9002 certified
• Simple low-cost installation
• Available in a multitude of sizes and shapes for numerous applications
• Appropriate for retro-fit as well as new construction
• Can withstand high hydrostatic pressures (150’ head minimum for most profiles)
• International acceptance
• 15 years of service
1. For best results apply Hydortite to smooth, even surfaces to ensure good bonding.
2. Provide 2” minimum concrete cover
3. Hydrotite can be installed on the plain surface of concrete or in a formed keyway.
4. Hydrotite should be spliced by cutting ends square with a sharp knife or shears. Bond the prepared ends together with a cyanoacrylate (super glue) adhesive.
5. Remove all dust, oil, etc from the concrete surface prior to adhering Hydrotite.
6. Hydrotite is available with an adhesive back for adhering to the concrete surface. Bonding of Hydrotite profiles can be accomplished using a contact adhesive compatible with chloroprene rubber.
7. Concrete nails, in conjunction with adhesives, are recommended for vertical or overhead applications.