MITIGATION OF CONSTRUCTION RISK - The importance of a single source partner
At Canzac, we help engineers, designers, developers and contractors to mitigate against any risk in their concrete construction project.
Crucial in achieving this is aligning your business with a single source partner. One that is trusted, reputable, and has extensive experience with concrete and the construction process across all types of projects, as well as having extensive knowledge of the inevitable issues encountered with poorly designed and constructed slabs on grade.
That's why in 2017, Canzac Group acquired Lesa Systems Ltd, to not only broaden an already extensive product offering but more importantly, to give you one point of contact.
Canzac Limited and Lesa Systems Ltd have both been in business for 30 years, offering 60 years of combined industry experience. We are the 'go to' company for engineers and contractors as we know what works and we know what doesn't.
Our concrete fibre slabs have been around longer than our competitors have been in business.
Some of the many benefits of having Canzac/Lesa Systems as a single source supplier:
- Design assistance: Involvement in the design and documentation from the very beginning of the project - before the working drawings are commenced (EDI).
- Experience: Benefit from a highly experienced team with extensive and specialised skills in all aspects of design, construction and performance of slabs on grade across all types of projects.
- Timely advice: Access to the right information at the right time.
- Specialised knowledge: Utilise the team's industry experience in load transfer systems (dowels), appropriate to the project and other aspects of construction including vapour barriers, control joint locations, edge protection, joint filling, curing, densification etc.
- High-level technical support: Gain access to expert consultants, when required, for geotechnical considerations, design loads, minimum slab thickness etc.
- Certification: Provision of producer statements for the slabs (PS1, PS2 and PS4).
- Responsibility: Accountability for all aspects of the slab performance.
- Commitment: Work with a company/supplier that understands what clients want and what they expect with their slab on grade floor (not just a product supplier).
Harder Than Concrete - As Told To Hugh de Lacy
Harder Than Concrete tells of the struggles founders Lance and Carolyn Canute (CC) encounter in their pursuit to establish and expand Canzac.
It recounts the unconventional path of a young, budding kiwi entrepreneur, who leaves school at 15 and his home at 18 to travel abroad. Along the way, an unlikely friendship ignites a lifelong passion within the construction industry and just as everything seems to be going to plan, life takes an unexpected turn.
Returning to New Zealand in a bleak job market, he tries his hand as a fast-food business owner, only to find that even the world of fast food has its critics. With little interest in improving his cooking, he decides to shut the business, but not before realising that he had won over one customer, a shy, unassuming girl who eventually shows what she’s made of when she asks him out. It’s not long before her loyalty and quiet determination is put to the test as they set up house, start some questionable sideline businesses and spend their entire savings on some Super-Tie formwork systems. Supported only by her medical practice wages they anxiously await for the orders to roll in. From product lines, upsizing and company takeovers, would these risks pay off and just how long would it take this concrete rebel with a cause?
An insightful story, full of witty, down-to-earth anecdotes that have been cleverly crafted and interwoven into the political and historical landscape of the time, by award-winning Christchurch journalist Hugh de Lacy.
Soft Copy: $17.50 (inc P&P) - Hard Copy: $22.50 (inc P&P)
FIND YOUR PRODUCTS WITH EASE WITH OUR PRECAST/TILT-UP AND ONSITE PRODUCT GUIDES